Javanese

I want to use English in this post. Because this will be talking about the Javanese language. What's the correlation? I don't know. I just want to, or maybe after reading this you will know why. Well, English is one of the languages I can speak okay. I can't say I'm fluent because I'm not - I haven't, still studying-. Because of it, I felt bad if it's talking about a language that I can speak. I am a Javanese but I might speak English better than my traditional language, which is Javanese. I really like being a person who was born in this ethnic group. I like the culture including the language. But at school, I would like to do my English task first more than Javanese. Also, I'd like to use English more than using Javanese. Doesn't that show I liked English more? also, I might be one of the thousands of people who participate in the disappearance of traditional languages. I don't want that to happen to this beautiful one.

 Once I've said to my friend that I don't like the hierarchy in this language. But she makes me realize that that was one of the beauties in it. How having a conversation with someone older or who has a higher position must be different. It's not about there being a different rank of ourselves and others. It's about being respectful to each other. My Javanese teacher also teaches that in this language some small things could be named differently even though in Indonesian or even English could just name the same. This language also has philosophy in many aspects. Sometimes the name of something isn't as easy as we knew it. Javanese also has its own history.

The beauty of Javanese for me is more than English but unfortunately, I didn't show that in my willingness to do. What do you think? How about you?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Childhood Memories: JKT 48

Tentang Menjadi Muslimah: Ikhlas

Diri yang Berkembang: Peran